Food Distributor Insurance
A+ insurance coverage for food distributors and wholesalers
Insurance Canopy & Food Distributors Insurance
Insurance Canopy provides food distributors and wholesalers with a comprehensive insurance policy that covers all their business needs. With general and professional liability and business personal property coverage, Food Distributor Insurance is the way to go to protect your business at the low price of $299 a year.
You need an insurance policy as comprehensive as your business operations. Insurance Canopy provides all the coverage your business needs—from general and product liability to business personal property—at an affordable, yearly rate.
No-Cost Additional Insureds
If you rent a space as part of your food distribution or wholesale company, you may be required to add the rented space to your insurance as an additional insured. At Insurance Canopy, you can include unlimited additional insureds to your policy free of charge at any time.
Products & Completed Operations
As a food distributor or wholesaler, it’s vitally important to protect your company with products and completed operations coverage that can protect your business from third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. Insurance Canopy’s Food Distributor Insurance includes products and completed operations coverage as part of our general liability coverage.
Unlimited Additional Insureds: Free of Cost
General Liability Limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover your products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
– False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
– Malicious prosecution
– Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
– Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
– Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
– The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
A general liability coverage that reimburses others, without regard to the insured’s liability, for medical or funeral expenses incurred by such persons as a result of bodily injury (BI) or death sustained by accident under the conditions specified in the policy.
Inland marine insurance covers tangible property that is movable or transportable in nature (e.g. supplies, equipment, or inventory) but excludes coverage for structures and items that are part of the structure.
$5,000 / $10,000
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible
Still doing your research?
Our licensed agents are available to answer any questions you may have (se habla español)
What You Get
- General Liability: covers expenses from third-party insurance claims that come from injuries or damages that occurred at your business location or as a result of your business equipment or operations.
- Product Liability: covers expenses, such as legal fees, that arise as a result of someone getting sick or injured by the product you sold them.
- Business Personal Property: covers expenses that arise as a result of your business personal property or equipment—like a computer—being damaged or stolen during your business operation.
- Damage to Premises Rented: covers expenses that could arise should a location you are renting for your business be damaged.
Need More Coverage?
- Professional Liability ($125): protects against third-party claims as a result of errors or omissions that occurred during a lesson or demonstration. If you teach lessons to do demonstrations, we recommend having this coverage.
- Cyber Liability ($99): covers expenses that arise from cyber crime, like stolen data or customer information. If you collect or store data electronically, we highly recommend this coverage.
- Trailer Endorsement ($150): if you have a trailer that you use or bring to events, you can include it in your coverage for an additional fee.
Questions About Food Distributor Insurance
Food Distributor Insurance is an insurance policy that can protect your food distribution or wholesale business against insurance claims that may arise as a result of your business operations—like injuries, equipment loss, or property damage.
Without insurance, your business could be held liable and required to cover hefty expenses out of pocket. Insurance Canopy’s policy includes general and product liability as well as business personal property coverage to ensure that no matter your business operation, you can have the coverage you need.
Food Distributor Insurance can protect your business from expenses that arise as a result of injury, property damage, and broken or stolen property as a result of your business operation. Without insurance, these expenses could be financially crippling and even cost you your business.
As a business in the food industry, it is also vitally important to have product liability which can protect your business from legal and medical expenses should a customer ever become sick or injured by your product.
The base rate for Food Distributor Insurance is $299 a year for up to $2 million in coverage for general and product liability and up to $10K in business personal property coverage.
For an additional price, you may choose to get more protection according to your business needs, such as professional liability insurance if you teach lessons or perform demonstrations, or cyber liability which can protect your business from the expenses that arise should your business fall victim to cyber crime.
As a food distributor or wholesaler, you may receive and ship large orders that you are unable to fulfill in your normal business location. Commercial warehouses and other rented spaces are great places to receive and fulfill large orders but often require you to add them as an additional insured on your insurance, meaning that should an accident occur, they would not be held liable. It can also protect you should you cause damages to the rented space as a result of your business operations.
Additionally, many businesses that you sell or receive items from may require that they be named as additional insured. Don’t worry, though. Insurance Canopy’s Food Distributor Insurance policy allows you to include as many additional insureds as you need at no extra cost.
Choosing the right insurance is critical.
Food Distributor Insurance
Annual Policy: Starting at $299 – Get the protection your food distributor business needs today with Insurance Canopy’s Food Distributor Insurance policy. For as low as $299 a year, you can rest easy knowing that your business has a comprehensive financial safety net, including general liability, product liability and business personal property insurance.