Cannabis & Marijuana Insurance
Your Cannabis Business Insurance Solution
Cannabis Insurance That Does More For Less
Dispensaries | Cultivators | Processors | Manufacturers | Laboratories | Property Managers | Growers | Ancillary Businesses
Whether you need Cannabis Insurance for selling CBD products, protecting your dispensary, or securing your future in the growing business of growing cannabis, Insurance Canopy can tailor a Cannabis Insurance plan directly to your needs.
Don’t see your product listed? Don’t worry, our experienced agents may still be able to tailor a policy for your specific needs.
- Topical Hemp/CBD: This coverage is designed for cannabis business owners selling non-ingestible products, such as lotion and skincare products.
Get A Quote
- Ingestible Hemp/CBD: This insurance is designed for cannabis business owners who sell ingestible products, such as supplements, tincture and cannabis-infused food products.
Get A Quote
- Cannabis Crop & Dispensary: This policy is designed for cannabis business owners who need property insurance, crop coverage, general liability, product liability, and inland marine coverage.
Third-party claims and lawsuits can be detrimental to the business you have worked so hard to make a reality. Cannabis insurance is essential to add to your risk management strategy. Simply fill out an application and you’ll receive a tailored quote from one of our licensed agents within 24-48 hours.
Questions About Cannabis/CBD Insurance
Cannabis insurance protects your business and financial assets if you are sued due to negligence in your business operations. You could be held liable for a variety of third-party claims, such as allergic reactions, property damage, or bodily injuries from cannabis products manufactured, distributed, or sold to your customer base.
Cannabis product liability insurance protects you if a product you sold or produced leads to:
- Property damage
Other than boosting your company’s risk management portfolio, cannabis insurance is designed to protect you from a variety of risks you face on a daily basis. You have worked hard to build your business and starting back at square one due to a third-party liability claim, such as a lawsuit, would be a huge setback. Without cannabis insurance, a lawsuit alone could put your business in a financial strain which you could have to pay out-of-pocket.
The benefits of carrying cannabis business insurance can include:
- Protection from risk
- Avoiding financial pitfalls from lawsuits
- Preventing false third-party claims
Every cannabis business is unique and the price of coverage depends on a variety of factors, such as the size of your business, sales revenue, and coverage amount desired. Most business owners pay an estimated $/per month OR per year for cannabis business insurance for plans that do not offer the full coverage needed, leaving you exposed to risks you may not be prepared to face. With Insurance Canopy, cannabis business owners pay an average of $/ per month OR per year for a plan that protects from the unexpected. Simply submit your application online and receive a quote within 24-48 hours.
As a business owner, protecting your finances, reputation, and customer privacy is indispensable. Having the right coverage can help keep your business safe. Owning and operating a cannabis business comes with additional industry risk many insurance carriers do not cover. Insurance Canopy helps you stay in compliance and work toward long-term success in the following Cannabis industries:
- Ingestible hemp and CBD products
- Topical hemp and CBD products
- Cannabis dispensaries
Whether you are operating a cannabis dispensary or selling hemp and CBD products, it is important to find an insurance plan tailored to your business’s unique needs.
- General Liability Insurance protects the commercial insureds from claims such as bodily injury on business property, property damage, and personal and advertising injury.
- Product Liability Insurance protects you against claims made due to property damage, illness, injury, or death caused by the use of your product.
- Property Insurance covers your business’s building(s) and the contents within from loss or damage sustained from a peril, such as a fire or explosion.
- Crop Coverage protects your cannabis crops…
- Inland Marine Coverage protects your property in transit over land, such as your products, business tools and equipment, and other types of moveable business property.
- Cyber Liability Insurance (additional) protects your business and customer’s private information against data breaches or cyber-attacks through incidents like malware attacks or phishing scams.
Insurance Canopy is dedicated to providing manufacturers, importers, and distributors with customizable policies for consumer, commercial, and industrial goods. We’re here to help you assess the specific risks associated with your industry and customize the product liability coverage your business needs.
We have the ability to provide insurance solutions for small businesses in the most niche industries carrying a wide range of products. Our covered industries range from vitamins and dietary supplements, beauty products, and vape and e-cig equipment, to emerging CBD topical and ingestible products and cannabis goods.
With our product knowledge and expertise, you can rest easy knowing that someone is taking care of your insurance needs.