Yoga Teacher Insurance
$150 per year
Insurance for Yoga Teachers and Instructors
Insurance Canopy provides low-cost, A+ rated insurance for yoga professionals and personal trainers that is trusted by thousands. For as low as 36 cents a day, you can trust you’re getting customizable coverage with some of the most competitive premiums in the nation.
By combining a General and Professional Liability policy, we offer unique yoga insurance that can be tailored to meet your needs.
With flexible payment options starting at $12.50 a month, Insurance Canopy makes yoga teacher insurance more affordable than ever before.
With an efficient and streamlined online process, we can provide you with high quality yoga teacher liability insurance in minutes.
What is Yoga Teacher Insurance
Liability insurance for yoga teachers covers claims related to the day-to-day operations of your yoga business. For example, if a student sustains an injury while following your instructions or you damage a studio during a training session, yoga teacher insurance could help cover the costs of these claims.
Insurance for yoga teachers also provides coverages for business personal property, general liability, and professional liability, among others.
How Much Does Yoga Insurance Cost?
A basic general and professional liability insurance policy for yoga insurance starts at $129 per year, or $12.50 per month. That’s as low as 39 cents a day!
Prices may vary based on several different factors, such as adding additional coverages and which payment option you choose. Yoga teacher insurance is an important investment for instructors. You never know what could go wrong during class, such as someone pulling a muscle during a pose or accidentally damaging the studio you’re renting. Yoga insurance can help cover the costs of liability claims so you don’t have to worry about paying for those costs on your own.
Yoga Insurance Requirements
In order to qualify for yoga insurance, you will need to be a certified yoga teacher. Your name on your application must match your name on your business documents. You also must not have had a liability or business property claim resulting in losses more than $5,000 in the last 5 years.
Ineligible practices that exclude you from our yoga insurance policy include:
- Sale, distribution, recommendation, prescribing, or administration of any pharmaceuticals, controlled substances, vitamins, supplements, or narcotics
- Dietary or nutritional related work for hospitals, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, home health care providers, health clinics, schools, or professional sport teams
- Sale of nutritional, medicinal, or herbal products
- Certified Athletic Trainers affiliated with organized sports or athletic team(s)
- Water fitness or aerial yoga, including pole dancing, pole fitness, and exotic exercise
- Martial arts or physical contact training
- Medical, therapy, or health care services
1 Additional Insured – $15 | Unlimited Additional Insureds – $30
General Liability Limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover your products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
– False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
– Malicious prosecution
– Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
– Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
– Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
– The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
The maximum the insurance carrier will pay for a bodily injury or property damage claim that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
A general liability coverage that reimburses others, without regard to the insured’s liability, for medical or funeral expenses incurred by such persons as a result of bodily injury (BI) or death sustained by accident under the conditions specified in the policy.
Endorsements and Additional Coverage
Inland marine insurance covers tangible property that is movable or transportable in nature (e.g. supplies, equipment, or inventory) but excludes coverage for structures and items that are part of the structure.
What Types Of Coverage Are Included With Yoga Teacher Insurance?
- General Liability Insurance protects against claims of bodily injury or property damage, such as a student tripping over a mat or accidentally breaking a mirror during class.
- Professional Liability Insurance protects against claims of bodily injury as a result of advice you give during class, such as a student spraining an ankle during a pose.
- Equipment Insurance protects you from the out of pocket costs for repairing or replacing your equipment due to theft or negligence.
- Medical Expense Coverage is a good-faith portion of your insurance which could pay for the medical expenses of someone who gets injured while you teach them.
Why Should I Carry Yoga Teacher Insurance?
As a yoga instructor, it is good to be aware of the types of risks you face when teaching classes. Protecting your practice is an important investment to make. At Insurance Canopy, we work on keeping you covered so you can focus on what matters most—your students.
- Protect Yourself From Claims– Yoga teacher liability insurance can protect you from claims such as bodily injury or property damage, and prevent you from paying large medical or legal fees out of pocket.
- Stay Eligible to Teach– Wherever you choose to teach, facility owners may require you to show proof of yoga teacher insurance and add them as an additional insured.
- Boost Your Credibility– Liability insurance for yoga teachers shows you are a serious professional and helps your students feel safe under your direction.
- Have Peace of Mind– The cost of yoga instructor insurance is relatively cheaper than paying for claims on your own. In the case of a claim, our licensed agents are trained to help guide you through the process.
Get A FREE Yoga Class Waiver!
Insurance + Waiver = Better Protection
When used with insurance, waivers can help you defend claims. Download a free waiver for your next class and enjoy protection with Insurance Canopy.
Get A FREE Yoga Class Waiver!
Insurance + Waiver = Better Protection
Questions About Yoga Insurance? We Have The Answers
Yes, we recommend all instructors invest in yoga insurance. You never know when something could go wrong and you could be held liable—paying hundreds or thousands of dollars in expenses on your own. Yoga insurance also helps you meet facility requirements to teach in studios, or allow you more confidently take your teaching on the road.
No, you do not need to get a yoga instructor insurance quote! All yoga instructor insurance policies can be purchased entirely online in 10 minutes or less.
Your yoga teacher liability insurance can be customized to fit your individual needs.
At Insurance Canopy, our experienced agents work hard to offer customizable limits and coverages of your policy based upon the exposure that you may have. Additionally, we offer the following optional coverages to better accommodate you:
- Inland Marine Insurance (Business Personal Property Insurance)
- Cyber Liability Insurance
NPTI is an industry leader in personal trainer education programs. They offer 500/600 hours of in-person training taught by highly qualified instructors. Once you receive your education through NPTI, you never need to renew or take continuing education courses, and your certification is good for life.
Let’s say you are teaching a class in a studio. A student pushes themselves during a pose and falls, breaking one of the wall mirrors in the process. The student fractured their wrist, prompting immediate medical attention and physical therapy. Claims could be made against you by the student for their medical costs, and by the facility owner for the broken mirror. With Insurance Canopy’s yoga instructor liability insurance, you may be able to avoid these types of financial burdens.
In another situation, let’s say you are teaching a class in a corporate office. One of the students trips over the extra mats you have laid out, knocking over a water bottle that spills onto electrical cords used by the company. The employee is filing a claim for a sprained ankle and the company is ordering you to pay for replacing the damaged property. Yoga instructor insurance from Insurance Canopy may help cover these costs and navigate through the claims process.
- Buti Yoga
- Chair Yoga
- Chi Kung
- Couples Yoga
- Hot Yoga
- Kali Ray TriYoga
- Sculpt yoga
- White Lotus
Need additional information before making a decision?
Give our team a call today at 844.520.6993
Yoga Teacher Insurance
Annual Policies Starting at $129 – Yoga insurance from Insurance Canopy offers you much-needed protection so you can continue doing what you love—flowing through vinyasas and helping others reach their zen.