Comprehensive coverage for catering professionals
Insurance Canopy & Catering Insurance
Insurance Canopy provides caterers with a comprehensive insurance policy that covers all their business needs. With general and professional liability and business personal property coverage, Caterers Insurance is a great way to protect your business at the low price of $299 a year.
As a caterer, you need an insurance policy as comprehensive as your business operations. Insurance Canopy provides the coverage your catering business needs at an affordable, yearly rate. Why waste your money on individual event policies when you can get covered with one, comprehensive policy today?
Product liability insurance is a necessity for catering business, but many event policies omit product liability, forcing you to purchase multiple policies to get the coverage you need. At Insurance Canopy, we include product liability in our Caterers Insurance, providing you with the coverage you need at one low cost.
Protect Your Business
Because you prepare and serve food in a variety of locations, your catering business is at risk. By covering your business operations, you can protect your company from paying hefty liability fees out of pocket. Make sure your business and your equipment are sufficiently protected with Caterers Insurance today.
Unlimited Additional Insureds: Free of Cost
General Liability Limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover your products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
– False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
– Malicious prosecution
– Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
– Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
– Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
– The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
A general liability coverage that reimburses others, without regard to the insured’s liability, for medical or funeral expenses incurred by such persons as a result of bodily injury (BI) or death sustained by accident under the conditions specified in the policy.
Inland marine insurance covers tangible property that is movable or transportable in nature (e.g. supplies, equipment, or inventory) but excludes coverage for structures and items that are part of the structure.
$5,000 / $10,000
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible
Still doing your research?
Our licensed agents are available to answer any questions you may have (se habla español)
What You Get
- General Liability: covers expenses from third-party insurance claims that come from injuries or damages that occurred at your business location or as a result of your business equipment or operations.
- Product Liability: covers expenses, such as legal fees, that arise as a result of someone getting sick or injured by the product you sold them.
- Business Personal Property: covers expenses that arise as a result of your business personal property or equipment—like a computer—being damaged or stolen during your business operation.
- No-Cost Additional Insureds: covers the event or venue so it is not held liable should an accident occur. It is often required for vendors to cover events as additional insureds.
Need More Coverage?
- Professional Liability ($125): protects against third-party claims as a result of errors or omissions that occurred during a lesson or demonstration. If you teach lessons to do demonstrations, we recommend having this coverage.
- Cyber Liability ($99): covers expenses that arise from cyber crime, like stolen data or customer information. If you collect or store data electronically, we highly recommend this coverage.
- Trailer Endorsement ($150): if you have a trailer that you use or bring to events, you can include it in your coverage for an additional fee.
Questions About Caterers Insurance
What is Caterers Insurance?
Caterers Insurance is an insurance policy that can protect your catering business against insurance claims that may arise as a result of your business operations—like injuries, equipment loss, or property damage. Without insurance, your business could be held liable and required to cover hefty expenses out of pocket. Our policy includes general and product liability as well as business personal property coverage to ensure that no matter your business operation, you can have the coverage you need.
Why Do I Need Caterers Insurance?
As a catering company, your business could face third-party insurance claims that, without insurance, could be financially crippling and even cost you your business. You could also experience equipment damages that can be expensive to repair or replace. Caterers Insurance can create a financial safety net that protects you from the financial strain that these occurrences could place on your business.
How Much is Caterers Insurance?
The base rate for Caterers Insurance is $299 a year for up to $2 million in coverage for general and product liability and up to $10K in business personal property coverage.
For an additional price, you may choose to get more protection according to your business needs, such as professional liability insurance if you teach lessons or perform demonstrations, or cyber liability which can protect your business from the expenses that arise should your business fall victim to cyber crime.
What is an Additional Insured for Caterers?
Many events and venues require vendors to add them as an additional insured, which extends your insurance coverage to them. This prevents the event from being held liable should an accident occur.
Insurance Canopy’s Caterers Insurance policy offers unlimited additional insureds free of cost.
Choosing the right insurance is critical.
Annual Policy: Starting at $299 – Get the protection your catering business needs today with Insurance Canopy’s Caterers Insurance policy. For just $299 a year, you can rest easy knowing that your business has a comprehensive financial safety net, including general liability, product liability and business personal property insurance.