Food Truck & Food Trailer Insurance
A+ Insurance for food trucks, food trailers, and more
Insurance Canopy And Food Truck & Food Trailer Insurance
Insurance Canopy provides small food service businesses like yours with comprehensive insurance that covers all your business needs without breaking the bank. For as low as $299 a year, you can protect your food service business with the best in general and product liability as well as business personal property coverage.
Your food truck or food trailer business needs insurance that covers its needs. Insurance Canopy’s Food Truck and Food Trailer Insurance provides the coverage you need at a single, affordable price. From general and product liability to business personal property, you can rest easy knowing that you can have the coverage you need should you face an insurance claim.
As a business in the food industry, it’s vitally important to have product liability insurance which can protect your business from paying out of pocket should a customer ever become sick or injured from your product—from an allergic reaction, for instance. Insurance Canopy's Food Truck and Food Trailer Insurance includes product liability, so you won't need to worry should something occur.
Unlimited Additional Insureds
Many locations and events where you might do business require food vendors like you to include them as an additional insured. While other providers may charge you per additional insured, at Insurance Canopy, you can add as many additional insureds as your business needs at no additional cost to you.
Unlimited Additional Insureds: Free of Cost
General & Professional Liability Limits
General & Professional Liability
Products & Completed Operations Aggregate
Personal & Advertising Injury
General Each Occurrence Limit
Damage to Premises Rented to You
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Any One Article / Aggregate)
Business Personal Property / Inland Marine Limit (Per Occurrence) – Deductible
- General Liability: covers expenses from third-party insurance claims that come from injuries or damages that occurred at your business location or as a result of your business equipment or operations.
- Product Liability: covers expenses, such as legal fees, that arise as a result of someone getting sick or injured by the product you sold them.
- Business Personal Property: covers expenses that arise from your business personal property or equipment—like a computer—being damaged or stolen as a result of or during your business operation.
- Damage to Premises Rented: covers expenses that could arise should a location you are renting for your business be damaged.
- Professional Liability ($125): protects against third-party claims as a result of errors or omissions that occurred during a lesson or demonstration. If you teach lessons to do demonstrations, we recommend having this coverage.
- Cyber Liability ($99): covers expenses that arise from cyber crime, like stolen data or customer information. If you collect or store data electronically, we highly recommend this coverage.
- Trailer Endorsement ($150): if you have a trailer that you use or bring to events, you can include it in your coverage for an additional fee.
- Workers Compensation: If you have employees, you may want to consider workers compensation, which covers medical fees and loss of income as a result of injury during business operations.
Questions About Food Truck & Food Trailer Insurance
Food Truck and Food Trailer Insurance can protect your small food service business from paying out of pocket for third-party insurance claims that may arise as a result of your business operations—such as injuries, property damage, or a customer getting sick from eating your food. It can also cover the cost of repairing or replacing your business equipment if it is lost or stolen.
Food Truck and Food Trailer Insurance includes general and product liability insurance as well as business personal property coverage, and additional coverage may be purchased according to your business needs, such as cyber liability insurance, at an additional cost.
Without insurance, if your business is involved in an accident, you may be held liable to cover hefty expenses, the cost of which could be financially crippling. As a food service business, it is vitally important to have both general and product liability insurance in case an individual is injured or becomes sick either from your business operations or from consuming your product.
Additionally, many locations and events where you might want do business require vendors to have insurance, so it makes sense to get yourself covered!
The base rate for Food Truck and Food Trailer Insurance is $299 a year for up to $2 million in coverage for general and product liability and up to $10K in business personal property coverage. For an additional price, you may choose to get more protection, such as cyber liability coverage which can protect your business from expenses related to cyber security breaches.
For food trailers, if you park your food trailer on a premises detached from your towing vehicle, you may need to purchase a food trailer endorsement—which extends coverage to your trailer while it is not attached to your vehicle—the price of which is $150.
As a business that serves customers in many different locations, you may be required to include additional insured into your policy. In fact, many events and locations require vendors to include them as an additional insured before being able to perform business operations. Including a venue or event as an additional insured extends your insurance coverage to them, preventing them from being held liable should an accident occur.
Insurance Canopy’s Food Truck and Food Trailer Insurance policy offers unlimited additional insureds free of cost.
Need additional information before making a decision?
Give our team a call today at 844.520.6993
Food Truck & Food Trailer Insurance
Annual Policy: Starting at $299 – Get the comprehensive protection your small food service business needs with Insurance Canopy’s food truck and food trailer policy, including general liability, product liability, and business personal property insurance.