Business owners are in charge of making their company run well. Have you considered how being a part of a cleaning association may enhance your business? There are many benefits of being in an association, such as increasing your network, learning more about the cleaning industry, and staying compliant with your business practices. We wanted to give you a brief overview of The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association (ISSA) and how signing up for a membership may be beneficial for your company.
Through this association, members have the opportunity to network with fellow members and have access to business tools.
- Value of Clean Program: The ISSA offers research, infographics, videos to show how cleaning is a valuable investment for customers.
- Workloading and Bidding Tool: Members can access this tool to input basic operational costs and calculate the time needed to perform the job, how many employees needed to complete the work, and a brief estimate of how much it will cost to complete the job.
- Consumable Calculator: This calculator is designed to help calculate the consumer market, employees, products used, and the price of the products for each job.
- ISSA Directory: Members can connect with business owners via the directory and even promote their own services to others.
- Discount Programs: The ISSA strives to look for programs that will save its members money and members can get discounts on a variety of things, such as medical plans, dental insurances, disability programs, and human resources support.
ISSA also offers market studies, marketing resources, operations resources, and more! For more information on these services, you can visit their member benefits site here.
As a cleaning business owner, it’s important to further your education and be compliant within the industry. ISSA offers certifications for members to help.
- Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS): CIMS applies to management, operations, performance systems, and processes.
- Cleaning Management Institute (CMI): This institute provides a program of cleaning best practices and how to be efficient in the industry.
- ISSA Training Standard: This training teaches cleaning business owner’s about industry standards and is offered to frontline cleaning professionals, supervisors, managers, manufacturers, and more.
You can visit their site to learn more about certifications.
The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association is an association that includes over 9,300 distributors, manufacturers, building service representatives, residential cleaners, and more members involved in the cleaning industry. ISSA offers annual trade shows, educational tools, marketing materials, certifications, and newsletters that are designed to keep its members up to date on the cleaning industry.
Useful ISSA Links
At Insurance Canopy, we value our customers and strive to give you comprehensive insurance coverage for your business. On top of providing cleaning business insurance, we want to highlight resources that may be useful for you and hope you found this information beneficial. If you have any additional questions regarding ISSA, please visit their homepage here.