According to Allied Market Research, the cleaning services market size is expected to grow 6.2% and reach a worth of $74 million by 2022.
While the industry is on the rise, it’s important to take the necessary steps and learn about maid cleaning service business tactics and tools. Today, we compiled a short list to help you get started.
Contracting Local Vendors
When you start ordering supplies for your business, you can pick and choose those your business requires and start reaching out to vendors in your area. It may be well worth the cost of contracting local vendors rather than going with a larger company.
Benefits of Contracting Local Vendors
- You’re A Person To Them: Once you establish face-to-face interaction, the people you’re wanting to work with will know who you are personally rather than having you just be a name on a list of contacts. You’ll also be at the forefront of their mind after meeting, meaning they’ll act quickly to work with you.
- The Processing is Faster: Another perk of working with smaller companies is you can get through processes quicker. Let’s say you want to change something in your order or need supplies before your delivery date, the chances of a local vendor working on your timeline is good. Larger companies may have waitlists and only be able to send out product at their convenience instead of yours.
- You Help Your Community: When you decide to work with a local vendor, you are helping out a fellow small business owner and making sure their employees have jobs, which may help your local economy.
Promoting Your Business
You’ve got your supplies sorted and some customers to service, now it’s time to promote your business and keep the clientele rolling in!
Implement SEO Tactics
On that website, you should be implementing SEO tactics to help you rank in Google’s search results. While these SEO basics won’t guarantee that your website will shoot to the top three spots on Google search, they can help your chances and help you attract potential customers.
- Keyword Research: Tools like Wordtracker and SEMrush can help you pinpoint the keywords you should include on your website, such as “maid service in Texas.” This basic tactic may help drive potential customers to your site and including your location can help you reach your ideal target market.
- Title Tags and Meta Descriptions: Title tags and meta descriptions are bits of HTML code in the header of a web page. The title tag will be featured in the search results and will be the first thing a viewer sees along with a meta description. Be sure to include the keyword that you want to rank for and be as creative as you want.
- Content: Mix up your website with long-form content, short-form content, and video content. The key is to keep users on your page and you can do that by varying the way you present valuable information.
Use Social Media To Your Advantage
Facebook has 2.32 billion monthly active users as of December 2018, a 9% increase from the previous year, keeping it the top-ranked social media platform. You may want to consider marketing on this platform first. By posting a status update about your maid service, your friends can share the post and even give you a few leads. You can also create a Facebook business page and invite all of your friends to follow it online.
With A Facebook Business Page, You Can…
- Post promotions (i.e. free maid service for a home)
- Launch paid ads
- Analyze post performance
- Post job listings
- And more!
Create your Facebook business page here.
Find The Right Business Tools
Once your online marketing efforts are established and you start receiving inquiries from people online, you’re going to need online tools that can help you keep up. There are a plethora of online tools, so we listed a few options specifically designed for cleaning professionals and suggest you do some research to find what fits your business’ needs best.
Jobber: This online tool is specifically designed for cleaning business professionals to run their operation with basic business management features. With Jobber, you can manage schedules, dispatch employees to job sites, and stay up to date with job management. Learn about their options here.
MoonClerk: With so many types of payment options out there, it’s nice to keep your cleaning business payments in one place and have easy access to funds. MoonClerk is a payment processor that allows you to manage, bill, and set up online payments. Learn more about it here.
Purchase Maid Insurance
One last thing, don’t forget to include maid insurance to your business plan!
This type of insurance coverage provides financial backing from third-party liability claims, such as lawsuits, injuries, and property damage.
You’ve spent countless hours and resources on your business venture, so be proactive and protect it. One incident could potentially shut down your business and you may have to start back at square one.
We hope you now have a better idea of maid cleaning service business tactics and tips you can use. More importantly, you shouldn’t let your hard work go down the proverbial drain if a third-party claim arises during your operations.
With maid insurance, you can have peace of mind knowing that your business is protected.