Cleaning suppliers, bids, and proper equipment are all essential components to running a successful cleaning or janitorial business. One other element to consider is where you’ll be purchasing your janitorial business insurance from.
You spend your days ensuring your clients are happy with your services, and as a business owner, you need to do everything you can to help protect your livelihood. Our unfortunate reality is that accidents can and do happen almost every day.
In order to help you navigate the insurance landscape and simplify the process, we’ve compiled some of our most frequently asked questions regarding janitorial insurance.
Do I need insurance for my cleaning business?
The simple answer is yes. When it comes to choosing an insurance provider, the most important thing is knowing and understanding your industries’ risks and exposures. Cleaning business insurance should be a necessary segment of your company. While working in offices or other professional settings, you face a variety of risks. If you or an employee damages a client’s property while you’re cleaning, you could be on the hook for the cost to replace the item. Insurance can respond and help back you up financially.
What type of insurance do I need for my cleaning business?
We understand that there are several insurance options available to you. We recommend shopping around to find the best options and coverages for your business. We offer policy endorsements that you can add to your general and professional coverages for a small additional premium.
- General and Professional Liability InsuranceGeneral liability insurance is coverage that may respond in the event you or an employee are found liable for instances that include bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business services.
- Property Damage Extension (Care, Custody or Control)A property damage endorsement changes property inclusion. Property damage is typically excluded on a general liability policy, however, this endorsement ensures that the property under your care is insured for an additional premium.
- Crime/Employee DishonestyThe crime or employee dishonesty endorsement can cover your cleaning business in the event that one of your employees steals something valuable from your client. If you’re found liable, this is the insurance that can help you with this type of claim.
- Lost Key CoverageManaging keys and badges for each of the properties you clean is, in and of itself, a full-time job. This endorsement can cover the cost of replacements for lost keys.
- Inland Marine CoverageInland marine insurance covers tangible property that is movable or transportable in nature (e.g. supplies, equipment, or inventory) but excludes coverage for structures and items that are part of the structure.
How much does janitorial insurance cost?
Our policy starts at $299/year, but the price varies depending on what coverage limits, state, and added endorsements you select. This policy is customizable, so you can choose which coverage you need. We’re not going to force you into expensive options that won’t be beneficial to you.
How do I get insurance for my cleaning or janitorial business?
You can buy your cleaning business insurance right from the comfort of your own home. We pride ourselves in making insurance purchasable from your desktop or mobile phone in four simple steps. Your documents are ready for download upon receipt of payment.