As a window cleaning professional, you know there’s a lot of attention to detail and hard work that goes into building a business you can be proud of. Something you might be working on constantly is a solid plan to continue increasing your clientele. In this blog, we’ll discuss ideas to help you add to your current marketing efforts, including how the purchase of window cleaning insurance can help market your business.
Not sure about the insurance part? Read to the end to find out why every window cleaning professional should take advantage of window cleaning insurance coverage.
Consider Direct Mail
In today’s digital age, one thing that business owners seem to miss the point about is print material. According to the Data and Marketing Association, the direct mail median household return on investment
To give you an idea of your direct mail options, we’ve listed a few cost-effective solutions and a little information about targeted mailing list services which are available to you online.
Delivering direct mail on your own:
Drop off direct mailers on doorsteps in your neighborhood. This gives your business extra exposure and you might even meet potential customers along the way! If you choose this option, consider local ordinances that may prevent distribution of such materials. You can verify this by performing a quick check with your local city government.
Handing out flyers or coupons at an event:
If there’s an event in your area, take the opportunity to register to set up a booth or attend to pass out flyers. This gives you an opportunity to meet hundreds of potential customers in a matter of hours.
Post your contact details and services on local businesses’ bulletin boards:
Many grocery stores and coffee shops have advertising bulletins that they allow local businesses to share their business listings on. We recommend calling in advance to ask about any restrictions before going.
With the help of its partner, Accudata, a leading provider of targeted mailing lists, you can consider using Vistaprint’s
service to target the following:
- Residential consumers: You can add clientele to your targeted mailing list and target individuals based on age, income, and occupation. Pricing starts at $0.07 per name.
- Businesses: Your targeted mailing list can include those in a specific industry, corporations with a certain number of employees, and more. Pricing starts at $0.15 per name.
- New homeowners: You can welcome potential customers who have recently purchased a home in your area by introducing your business and promoting your service. Pricing starts at $0.18 per name.
Every Door Direct
Every Door Direct
is a targeted mail marketing service from the United States Postal Service using US Census data to generate your specific mailing list.
- Enter the zip code(s) you would like to target (you can select up to five) and you will be provided with the number of residents, the number of businesses, age range, average household size, and average household income of people in that zone.
- Select a route and the cost of postage for your mailer is calculated.
Use Social Media
It’s no secret that every business should have a social media presence. Even if your business only has a Facebook page, it’s still a good start and helps you promote your services to current and potential clientele. While you can always use paid Facebook ads and target people that way, there is also a more cost-effective way to get exposure.
- Join Facebook groups: Whether it’s joining your neighborhood’s Facebook group or sending a request to your county’s yard sale group, you may be able to generate leads by posting about your business and its services there.
- Post tagged pictures: Show off your window cleaning work and give your customer a shout-out (with the client’s permission). You can thank them again for using your service and the customer may even share the post with their friends. It’s a good way to give your business free exposure and advertise to more people.
Your reputation and credibility are important aspects of your business. Customers expect you to be knowledgeable and proactive within your field, while also having proper coverage to protect against any liability issues that could arise. By joining an association and purchasing window cleaning insurance,
you’ll be able to meet those expectations and legitimize your business.
International Window Cleaning Association (IWCA):
This association offers its members continuing education, certifications, and a connection with others in the field. The IWCA also holds an annual convention for professionals working in all facets of the window cleaning industry.
Window cleaning insurance: As a business owner, you face a variety of risks on the job, such as property damage and the potential for injuries. You’ve worked hard to build your business and one claim could put you out of a job.
With Insurance Canopy, you can easily protect your window cleaning business in minutes and receive the coverage you deserve for an entire year. In order to prevent gaps in coverage, sign up for our automatic renewal process and focus on taking your window cleaning service to new levels.
Personalize Your Efforts
Speaking of new levels, you’ll want to personalize your efforts on along the way. According to the Promotional Products Association International,
82% of recipients who received branded gifts had a more favorable impression of the brand.
Customers already expect a great window cleaning service from you. Why not add to a job well-done by including a small gift? Not only will you stand out from the competition but a gift could offer a closer connection to your services.
Cleaning industry gifts to consider:
- Microfiber cloths
- Spray bottles
- Hand soap dispensers
- Bars of soap
General branded gifts to consider:
- Sticky note pads
For starters, you can check out these sites for branded gifts:
The Wrap Up
As your business continues to grow, you will face numerous decisions concerning the way it is run and how you market your window cleaning business. By establishing a solid marketing plan and a way to connect with customers, you can nurture current connections and establish new ones. Most importantly, you can have peace of mind with window cleaning insurance
and protect your hard work.